About Me

My photo
Book lover. Dreamer. Chatter box. Opinionator. Fanatic movie watcher. Huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan. And I believe that dreams are meant to be achieved .. So keep dreaming. =)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The 'bookmarked' pages of life! :)


How many of us do this at a book store: - Pick a book which we intend to buy, contemplate for a while and then keep it back. 
Well, if you do this then join the gang! 
I do this pretty often. I'll decide to go to the bookstore to buy a copy of the book I have collected good reviews about. Even after knowing the fact that it's a decently good book, I still won't buy it! Reason was unknown, until today.

I did pretty much the same thing at a road side book store today. Knew very well that I wanted the book but kept it back after looking and reading a bit of it for a while. My friend happened to be along with me and mind you, I had done this for the second consecutive time at the same store! :P

The minute we left the stall, he remarked, 'Seema, you intend to go to the bookstore with not the intention of window shopping but actually buying the book but you never do it! Pick something if you like it a lot, you don't need to think whether it is a good or a bad book.'

The minute he said this I pondered for a second, turned around and went back to the book store and without a single thought bought the book.

Well obviously, it does look like a silly story of me and the book but if we look at it for a second, it's much more profound than that.

Our life is very much synonymous to the cycle I mentioned above.
First make a decision.
Then look at the pros and cons of that.
Doubt the decision.
And bang, before we know it, it's gone!

We don’t really realise this but life should pretty much be the same to what you have already thought. Looking at the brighter side of things is what we are supposed to do. If you put yourself in the indecisive gear for too long, you shall remain there, period.

So what if there are wrong things on your list, at least the good and the bad both belong to you and not to someone else! And interestingly, you are the one who holds the reins to make the bad into good and the good into better. :) 
 
So the next time, someone even suggests a book of a shitty author, buy it. The only good thing you do in this is increase his profit margin by a tiny bit. ;)

Adios.

4 comments:

  1. "First make a decision.
    Then look at the pros and cons of that.
    Doubt the decision.
    And bang, before we know it, it's gone!"

    You hit the nail on the head there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation :)
      May I know who is this?

      Delete